Clackamas Auto Parts
was founded in 1934 by brothers-in-law William G Trappe and Julius Brandes. The company operated out of a rented section of a furniture store on Main Street in Oregon City, Oregon
. William and Julius, who ran the machine shop, were the only employees for the first few years, but by the late 1930's, two additional parts counterman were hired as the company grew.
In 1944 construction started on a new building one block south on Main street and the company was in its new location by the spring of 1945. The location is still the home of our auto parts store today.